The Squishy Counter!!

Monday, October 13, 2008

AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!

AAAGGGHHH!!!! So, why the heck am I screaming??? Because I'm extremely nervous about a performance I have to do this Thursday. I'm singing....&& YES i can sing....but I've never performed....

WAIT!!!!.....I take that back....I have had 2 performances in my LIFE and well..........

1. Second Grade: I was at Country Hills Elementary School, and we had a school play, and "the little black girl with a powerful voice" (aka ME) got a solo. OMG!! i was so excited. I was the lead in "Someday My Price Will Come!" by. The Beautiful Snow White!! Well, when it was my turn I click-clacked over to the microphone in my CLOGS!! Yes, people, I had on clogs!! Well, I got to the mic, sang my song, ruined a few notes, and click-clacked back to my spot on the stage and made sure NOT to look or speak to anyone! It was a mess! I think that was the moment that caused me to have such a huge fear of performing, and singing on stage!

2. Well, number two is not as bad, but it still sucks. Too make a long story short, I sang at a wedding and I was soooo nervous. My voice was shaky and my hands were sweaty, I sang a song by Mariah Carey. HUGE MISTAKE! After my second grade experience I don't think I should have jumped out that far and tackled such a queen. After the performance was over,I walked inside, and held in my tears! 

The most encouraging thing after these performances was the feedback from everyone. Even though I know I sucked (a little) people still came up and told me about the positives in my performance, and instead of lying to me and telling me it was all good, people decided to encourage me to work on the mistakes I made. {{Thanks to all you people....lol}}

.....The moral of the story is..........I'm performing on Thursday and I am terrified, I'm nervous, but I am building confidence daily, because There is HOPE!! I talked to my mom, and she says that backing out is not an option, so at this point I just need to work on perfecting my performance. It's just so hard, to perfect your performance, when you don't know what your performance is. HA! So, I guess I'm going to learn Thursday!! 

Anybody else ever felt like this??????????????????????????????????

Wish Me Luck!!
Peace Guys!!

P.S.....EVERY VOTE COUNTS!!!!

--CaMrEi ReNeE

No comments: